Thank-you for your interest in volunteering with JOYA Scholars. If you would like to volunteer, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our current junior high and high school students need your help. Please consider becoming a member of our JOYA Scholars team of volunteers.
Become a Mentor
Mentors can expect to …
- Meet with their mentee and other mentor/mentee pairs every other week for large group meetings and workshops facilitated by the Program Director. All group meetings generally take place Wednesday nights.
- Participate in various JOYA gatherings such as college visits and cultural outings.
- Provide support, guidance, and accountability for their mentee in order to strengthen and fulfill the student’s academic goals.
- Strive to inspire and prepare their mentee for college success.
- Be strongly invested in building relationships with mentee by listening and providing constructive feedback.
Become a Tutor
Tutors can expect to…
- Provide academic support for an hour per week by helping students excel in challenging and rigorous coursework.
- Possess a good understanding of subject matter while working with students.
- Demonstrate a sensitive and caring attitude toward the students.
Please note: all volunteers must undergo a mandatory background check. BACKGROUND CHECK.